Background

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rainy Days=BAKING!!

So... it feels like fall. Official. It's fall... GOODBYE SUMMER! GOODBYE TAN!

The good news is that, yesterday, I felt that need to bake... I LOVE baking. It's really my passion!

But before beginning to bake, I prepared dinner... Friday night is officially budget, cook-with-what-I-already-have night!

So it was a simple dinner of brown rice, tamagoyaki (for Ed), nira-tama (for me... its scrambled eggs with leeks but I added some eringi mushrooms too), and a special potato creation for my potato lover boyfriend.

With simple ingredients of a potato, parmesan cheese, swiss cheese, olive oil, and salt and pepper, I came up with this fun side dish!

Slices of potato are layered in a homemade tinfoil cup with parmesan, swiss, and salt and pepper. I then baked it to make it ooey-gooey!

And now onto the good stuff... COOKIES!
I had 2 things in mind while deciding what to bake:
1. Use only ingredients that I had in the pantry.
2. Make cookies.

So with my criteria I decided to make Double Chocolate Chip cookies from Martha Stewart. The recipe can be found here!

Since seeing so many chocolate cookies by the members of Tuesdays With Dorie, such as the Chocolate Chunkers (see these beautiful ones from Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats) and the Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops (see these scrumptious looking cookies from Scrumptious Photography), I knew I wanted to make chocolate cookies.

I split the cookie dough into two bowls. One was with Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Chips, and Walnuts and the other one was without the walnuts...

The cookie dough/brownie batter was SO calling my name!


This time, I was successful in NOT OPENING THE OVEN DOOR BEFORE THE COOKING TIME WAS OVER! That's a huge step for an impatient baker like me :-)


They looked so gorgeous right out of the oven... and they smelled so freakin' good!

Me and Ed couldn't wait until they were cooled so we just dug right in...


OMG... heaven.

I must say this is probably my most successful cookie. I am never fully satisfied with the flavor/texture of a cookie but this was, on my tongue, pure satisfaction! The edges were chewy like the edges of a brownie. The inside was moist and fudgey. There was just enough chocolate chips/peanut butter chips/walnuts. The cookie itself was super cocoa-y and not too sweet. YUM.

No comments: