Background

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Slow Ain't My Style...

I do everything fast... I walk fast (some would even consider it running), I talk fast, I listen fast, I clean fast, I read fast, I cook fast... Basically, my life is super fast, with no time time to spare. The only thing I do slowly, and take my time with is eating. I am an extremely slow eater.

The concept of a slow-cooker does not mesh well with me. I can't be waiting around 8 HOURS for a delicious meal... I am too impatient!

However, on the contrary, when you're always on-the-go like me, slow-cookers do come in handy. For example, my Wednesdays are very loooooooonnnnngggg. By the time I get home, I don't have time to cook myself a delicious dinner. So, the solution today was my Brand Spankin' New Slow-Cooker.

My mom forced me to buy it. Actually, she forced me to accept her buying me this. So, obviously I wasn't gonna refuse a free kitchen/cooking gift! I've never had any interest in/knowledge about using slow-cookers, so this was an adventure!

Apparently, this is like the EASIEST thing ever! You just dump a bunch of ingredients into the pot and twist to the appropriate heat level and time.



For me today, I put in:
A can of diced tomatoes
A can of black beans
Diced Zucchini
Diced (already sautéed) onions
Mushrooms (I used Baby Bella)
Shiz-load of the following spices:
-Chili Powder
-Cayene Pepper
-Oregano
-Thyme
-Basil
-Red Pepper Flakes
-Bay Leaf

A Very Full of Veggies Chili
Delicious! The flavors were all blended in nicely... It was a bit watery though.

I put Chili on a pita bread with some shredded cheese..... yum! QUICK is the key here!

No comments: