Background

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had two Thanksgiving meals today! The first one was Japanese and the second one was a traditional American one! I am so full right now... I feel like I'm going to VOM! But every bite was so worth it...

So at my mom's we just had a bunch of stuff including salads, tonkatsu, and shabu shabu...

Cheese and crackas of course!

Sauteed Green Beans, Squid, and Shrimp

Watercress and Poached Chicken (Ponzu Dressing)

Carrots and Cucumber (Mustard, Vinegar, and Oil)

Nimono with Egg, Bamboo Shoots, Lotus Root, Konnyaku, Snap Peas, Shiitake, Carrots, and Daikon

THE BIG OL' PLATE! *Notice the tonkatsu and cabbage!
Then the main dish... (it kinda looks like ish but it was awesome!)

Shabu Shabu (communal hotpot... you cook your own thinly sliced pork and beef!)
And dessert... nice and refreshing after a big ass meal...

Coffee Jelly with Evaporated Milk and Vermont Maple Syrup

Then the American dinner at Luke's!

Of course the Turkey!

Cranberry Sauce

Cauliflower with Garlic and Raisins (and some other stuff I forgot!)

Onions in a Cream Sauce with Bacon (this was my favorite!)

Beets and Canneloni Beans (Luke's mom roasted the beets herself!)

Yams with Streusel Topping

Stuffing with Sausage and Cranberries

Rolls.

And the BIG OL' PLATE! (I was still so full but everything was so good I kept eating!)

And for dessert, which I am waiting for my stomach to make room for at this time, there is Pumpkin Flan which I didn't get a picture of, and Apple, Blackberry and Pear Cobbler...
From Thanksgiving!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!

No comments: