Background

Thursday, June 10, 2010

School's Out!

So finally, classes are done! I have finished my second year of graduate school! Actually, I still don't know if I passed the comps so we'll have to wait and see...

School always keeps me super busy so I don't pay attention to my blog unless it's an emergency, i.e. Sattva.

But here's like a little recap of some food I've been eating the past few weeks.


I finally got to Turkish Cuisine in White Plains! It's a super cute place with maybe like 3 tables in the back. I guess it's mostly a takeout place but they do have a seated area. I got the cold appetizer platter to go. It had:

Hummus- Good, nothing crazy
Strained Yogurt with walnuts & olive oil
Roasted Eggplant- THE BEST THING IN THE PLATTER!
Babaghanoush- SUPER smokey, and amazing!
Tabbouleh-It had a kick to it, scallions added a nice touch. I love scallions.

And a special request for a falafel landed me a delicious falafel with a cup of tahini :-)
The falafel was hot, crispy fresh, right out of the fryer. It was spiced really well! I would eat it immediately though because it would lose a lot of crunch and deliciousness if consumed "not immediately".

Oh! And guess what?! Did you know Shiraz has a place in the food court at the Westchester Mall?! Yeah you can get their kebobs, falafels, etc at the mall! Our order took a little while but it was delicious! The meat was juicy, and it came with rice, salad, and the grilled tomato!

Also, P.S.- Sattva is still rocking out! Add Sattva on Facebook to get updates! I recently went to her house again for a Sattva/dad's b-day party and all I can say is, this girl is beautiful, spiritual, and talented :-)

Finally... a shout-out to the Japanese American Association.
1. They give me money for school.
2. They feed me delicious lunch at Hakubai Restaurant in the Kitano Hotel.
3. They feed me delicious dinner at the Harvard Club for the JAA Award Ceremony.
3. They bring in celebs!

Hakubai


Harvard Club... Seriously, the food was pretty good!

Guess who met George Takei?! (from Star Trek!)

Ahhh... the benefits of receiving a scholarship from the JAA!

My life is filled with love, gratitude, and most of all wonderful food :-)



Turkish Cuisine
116 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10601
Phone: (914)-683-6111

Shiraz Restaurant
81 E Main Street
Elmsford, NY 10523
Phone: (914)-345-6111
*Or at the Food Court in the Westchester Mall

Hakubai at the Kitano Hotel
66 Park Ave (@ E. 38th Street
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212)-885-7111

Harvard Club of New York City
35 West 44th St.
New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212)-840-6600
Fax: (212)-827-1270

No comments: