Background

Monday, May 24, 2010

Eat Locally, Deliciously, and Healthily with Sattva!

Is "Healthily" a word? I guess it is cuz it's not getting spell-checked.

So this is an emergency post... I have multiple other posts that I want to write up, but this one was just too good to keep on my "to-do" list.

Funny Story: Keshari Das and I went to school together at Rye Country Day School. We were friends. We were kinda out-cast-y. I had pink hair. She had her nose pierced. I liked No Doubt. She liked Incubus. We were also both Asian. I=Japanese. She=Indian.

So 2 years ago, I was walking down 2nd Ave, around like, I wanna say 16th street. I passed by this girl who looked really familiar and I swung around cuz I realized it was Keshari! She spun around as well and recognized me! We chatted briefly and said, "I'll add you on facebook!"

We never really talked again. Until last week. When she invited me to join her group for something called "Sattva"... I was intrigued so I checked the page. IT WAS A NEW LOCAL/ORGANIC FOOD BUSINESS! and my good old high school buddy Keshari was starting it! Gosh, was I proud and totally curious!

I also got an invitation for the Sattva tasting party at her house. So of course I was gonna go. Food. Old school memories. Yeah, I'm so there!

Let me just say that I was so glad I went, and I will never miss a Sattva event ever again! The food is serious. Serious. Serious. I loved it <33 Kesahri was adorable. She set up like a little tasting party with all her original creations.
The Foccacia

#1- Pesto, Roasted Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese, Onions, Sundried Tomatoes, Herbs

#2- Tomatoes, Goat Cheese, Pears, Sundried Tomatoes

And now onto the infamous soups:

Melon Soup

Butternut Squash, Pear, Ginger

Carrot Ginger

Some other yummy food by Keshari...

Quinoa salad, some salsa, also a spaghetti squash casserole

And Zucchini Bread!

how fancy: Cucumber Water


How cute is she?!


A lot of the ingredients are grown right in her own garden...


So here's the deal. This is her business, and she's looking to sell her shizz at local farmer's markets (Westchester, Brooklyn, Manhattan)... You can also pick up her goodies at her home in Ossinning, New York. She's also looking to deliver, I think. And she's gonna do the catering thang. Support this local beauty. She's so sweet, and she's so down to earth. You will love her and her food!

So summary is this : Local, Organic, If Not Vegan then Definitely Vegetarian, Delicious, Healthy, Beautiful :-)

Add Sattva on Facebook

Read the Sattva Blog!

1 comment:

Keshari DBA Sattva, LLC said...

Actually we reunioned on the UES on 3rd ave near 77th St where I used to work ;) I thought the details would be crystal clear, lady love! Ugh.