Background

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cherry Blossom Festival in White Plains!

I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in White Plains for the first time in my whole life! There weren't any cherry blossom trees but it was very Japanese and therefore very exciting for me! Mind you, I'm very behind on my posts, so this was like May 1, 2010.

Anyways, there was food, fun, and awesome performances.
I would just like to announce now that I want to learn how to play the Taiko (Japanese Drums)!

Look at how freakin' cute they are!

When we got there we got some food, which unfortunately, was yucky. It wasn't there fault though. It was like 289374928374928374 degrees and keeping sushi in an ice box is not an ideal way to preserve it.

Since it was so crowded, we couldn't sit at a picnic table so we found a random table and stood and ate.

We walked around and played some fun games. And bought Japanese Bread at Parisienne, my favorite Japanese bakery that no longer exists in Hartsdale!

They were selling udon but I couldn't imagine it being good because the noodles were like already cooked and sitting in a bowl. And the yakitori looked super dry.

I did some Japanese calligraphy... what a throwback! I used to take Japanese calligraphy lessons when I was like 7!

This is a popular game in Japan... "catching" balloons- yeah we are pretty simple people!

And this one too.. scooping out Goldfish! (I was super violent and impatient so my scooper broke immediately)

And we did the tea ceremony! The women working the tea ceremony were so cute :-)

The candies were homemade by one of the women!


Twas a nice experience! I know I was hating on the food but they could have done so much better! The entertainment, especially the White Plains Taiko group, was great!

And F.Y.I. great place for little kids because they had a blowup castle!

This year was the first year (I think) that they had it in a bigger park. It was at a park on Lake Street called, Turnure Park.

No comments: