Background

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

California, Day Ten: Peruvian in San Diego

Ughhh... one of my favorite meals in San Diego was here at Latin Chef Peruvian Cuisine!

Not only was it my first time having Peruvian food, our waitress was super sweet and helped us out quite a bit.

We were started off with these crunchy corn things

"You're gonna love my nuts"-SlapChop


Appetizer was Anticuchos- Beef Kabobs.... Yum-O


My Picante de Marisco... Oh man, this was so good. The creamy, tomato-ey sauce reminded me of Tikka Masala. Only in the way that it had the right amount of spices in it, but was still do-able for undaring eaters.


Tiny's Lomo Saltado... How can chicken, french fries, and veggies not be good!

For dessert, we asked for the waitress' suggestion and were given these delicious, buttery cookies:


Alfajores... it looks like a macaron, but the cookies are like this buttery shortbread, and the inside is ooey-gooey caramel!

Latin Chef Peruvian Cuisine
1142 Garnet Ave
San Diego, CA 92109
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Phone: (858)-270-8810


Oh... F.Y.I. The little mexican breakfast spot was on this street!

No comments: