Background

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sleep Studies are Delicious

Food makes everything fun! Even sleep studies at NY Presbyterian Hospital on a Friday night when no one else, except for the sleep study technician, is on the whole floor. Creepy, but also a great way to lock yourself in a room and eat leftover Mofongo!

I did a sleep study a few weeks ago because some of my doctors suspected some signs of narcolepsy... hehehehehehehe I still think it's so funny. But not really because now I don't have a car.

So Tiny drove me to Wash Heights early so that we could eat. Earlier that day, he ran 15 miles :training for the NYC Marathon: and I biked along with him, so we figured we deserved to eat whatever the eff we wanted.

A totally random little latin place called El Nuevo Caridad. God, I really hate my iPhone pics. I have the iPhone that came out in 2007.
Tiny got Mofongo with Pork

And I got the Chicken in Garlic Sauce

We got 2 ENORMOUS plates of rice, seriously bigger than Shaq's head, and beans!


I'm obsessed with Mofongo now. I had no idea what it was until this meal. Here's what the Wikimaster says:
"Mofongo is generally made from fried green plantains (although fried yuca or breadfruit are possible) which is mashed together with broth, garlic, olive oil, and pork cracklings or bits of bacon. It is often filled with vegetables, chicken, crab, shrimp, or beef and is often served with fried meat and chicken broth soup.[1] Mofongo relleno is mofongo stuffed with stewed beef, chicken or seafood, with stewed sauce poured over."-Wikipedia

So I went a little bit crazy during this sleep study, and I was pissed that I had glue on my scalp for like 3 days, and I was REALLLY upset that I couldn't have coffee during the sleep study, but I'm glad it's done and over with.


Now the big question is this:
Does Miki have Narcolepsy or not?

Stay tuned for the results!

El Nuevo Caridad
4073 Broadway Btwn 172nd & 173rd St
Washington Heights, New York
Phone: (212)-740-1616

No comments: