So here it is... the end of summer :-(
It really makes me sad because summer is so fun!
BUT... guess what started today?
My first day as a graduate student at FERKAUF GRADUATE SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY at Yeshiva University!!!
Actually today was only orientation and tomorrow is the first day of classes... I am in the School-Clinical Child Psychology Psy. D. Prgram. 5 more years of school.... good thing I actually like school! (Yes, I know I am a nerd...)
So of course, every year, Labor Day marks the end of summer and what did I do?
Dinner at Mom's!!!---> The most delicious restaurant on earth in my opinion <3
The menu was brand spankin' new stuff that she had never made before... YAY MOM!!!
1. Mushrooms and Mizuna Marinated in Fish Stock
2. Vegetable Sticks Marinated in Yogurt and Miso
3. Pork and Chicken Meatballs with Mizuna and Mushrooms in a Chinese Style Sauce
4. Mashed Potato Casserole with Ground Beef and Hard Boiled Egg topped with Mozzarella
5. Salmon Katsu
6. Tonkatsu with Shiso Leaf
7. Eel Rice with Shiso, Scallions, Ginger, and Myoga
My FAV was definitely the Eel Rice... it was so simple. It's really just an Una-Don (Unagi over rice) but my mom jazzed it up by cooking the rice with the eel sauce, and then once the rice is cooked, she tops it with nori (dried seaweed), eel, chopped shiso leaves, fresh ginger, chopped scallions, and myoga.
And here is the gorgeous chef!
The night ended with a super competitive game of Nintendo Wii Tennis and Golf!! But that will be in another post!