Background

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Dad and Cousin from Japan

The lack of updates is due to my being busy with school and a special visit from my dad and my cousin from JAPAN!

We had a super fun weekend! The night they arrived, we had a nice Indian meal at Royal Palace in Greenburgh, NY.

On Saturday, we decided it would be smart to have an indoor day because of the massive rainstorm, so we spent the day at the Palisades! I swear I could spend a whole day there... actually, I could spend a whole day at Target alone!
We started off with lunch at Johnny Rockets!

The whole fam, ready to go! (From the front left corner clockwise: My cousin Naoki, me, my brother's girlfriend Amanda, my brother Kyuta, and my dad!)

Me loving the Johnny Rockets hat!

And my dad enjoying his Smokehouse Burger!---> He doesn't smile... but I swear he was enjoying it!

A group shot of the post-Johnny Rockets cigarette! (Note: The only smokers are me, Ed, and Kyuta)

On Sunday, we spent the day in the city! Thank god it was a gorgeous day!

The guys at the meeting spot before getting on the bus... look at my cousin; Asians always have the craziest poses!

First Stop: Empire State Building (we didn't go to the top though... we just looked up haha)

We then took the 6 Train to Union Square and walked to Astor Place... the Cube!

Lunch at Pomme Frites! I hadn't eaten here in approximately 6 years!

They weren't as crispy as I like... but the sauces made up for it!

Everyone was silent while we ate because we were all busy trying different sauces! We tried like 11 different sauces!

Then... walking around, we came across 16 Handles! What a coincidence since the first time I heard about this new Fro-Yo place was at my school orientation last Tuesday! They have 16 different flavors every day, it's self-serve, and the topping bar is self-serve also... so be careful because they charge by the ounce!

For me, I got the Mango Tango, Strawberry Kiwi, Banana, and Original flavors. For toppings, I added blueberries, pineapple, and papaya (I was careful with the fruit though because I was advised by the girl that introduced me to this place that the fruit toppings weigh the most!) My favorite was the original flavor... I just LOVE tangy Fro-Yo... the only flavor that really wasn't doin' it for me was banana, but it's probably because I'm so specific about banana-flavored things (I can't stand that artificial banana flavor! EW!)

We continued to walk around the East Village, Nolita, and Soho where I was able to do some awesome shopping YAY!


Johnny Rockets
621 Palisades Center Dr.
West Nyack, NY 10994
Phone: 845-348-9343

Pommes Frites
123 2nd Ave.
New York, NY 10003
Phone: 212-674-1234

16 Handles
153 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10003

No comments: