Background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dancing Queen

My mom is a dancing queen!
We attended the Hartsdale Fred Astaire Dance Studio Showcase today at the Doubltree Hotel in Tarrytown!

I always get so excited for these showcases cuz my mom's dances (and dresses!) are always SO awesome!

It's always a lunch buffet followed by the dances. Let's just say that the food is never the highlight. Last year, the showcase was held at the Royal Regency Hotel in Yonkers, and the food was quite gross. Smelly salmon. That's all I remember. And this year? Cold Cuts, Cheese, Bread, Salad, and Soup. It wasn't bad. But I could've just packed a sandwich from home! I made it look pretty though :-)


Dessert will come later :-) But don't get too excited... it wasn't that great.

Here's the main attraction!

How does she pull it off?!

She danced to "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake for her first performance. Then, she danced to "Naughty Girl" by Beyoncé. I won't reveal her age, but she looked damn good dancing to those songs for being the age that she is. I couldn't dance that well!

Here's a clip!


Then dessert:

Yes, I took one of everything. Greedy Me.

The best one was this:

Passionfruit Mousse, layered with wafers, and Hazelnut cream!

The finale was a performance by the pros that teach at Fred Astaire. OMG the girl is the epitome of SEXY. Watching her dance is like exhilerating! What an amazing performance. They actually did two songs. And the grande finale was a performance of all four of the pros dancing together!


A-mazing!

No comments: