Background

Sunday, October 11, 2009

In The Co. of New Friends!

Ok wow, that title was so bad. I'll cut to the chase. I ate at COMPANY (Co.) last night so I wanted to incorporate it into the title! Plus, I got to hang out with some new friends, so I thought the title was appropriate :-)

Well, last night was the most fun I've had in a really long time! The whole night was just something new, exciting, and refreshing! I had made plans to hang out with these pretty faces....

If you have been to Lulu's, you know her. It's Sara! And that's her boyfriend... they are so freaken cute! Sara is 5'3" and Jeff is 6"3". F.Y.I...

Anyways, we went down to the city to meet up with their friend Pat (who I apparently am connected through my friend Meredith from Ferkauf, as explained by Facebook) to go to Blood Manor. Blood Manor is a haunted house. It's in like a warehouse-y area on the 4th floor. But your have to wait outside on this long line. Apparently, our wait wasn't that bad (1 hour) compared to last year, when they waited about 2 hours IN THE RAIN! The wait was made more entertaining by the actors outside scaring people.

There was this Creepy Girl who yelled really loud into people's ears...


And this Monster Thing (Sara thought it was the Lion from The Wizard of Oz)


This Doctor


And this Crazy Fat Clown!

I had to warn everyone in my group that the last time I went to a haunted house (it was the one in New Rochelle, back in like 2002), I punched my friend because of like a jerk reaction... for defensive purposes. I thought I was being attacked by a ghost-monster-dead thing. Also, I was really nervous that I was going to pee in my pants. They should really have a bathroom before going into the place!

Long story short, we formed a human train where everyone was holding onto each other's hand. Every time I got scared by someone (which was the whole walk through) I would pull my arms down and try to curl myself into a ball. I was like crouched for most of the time! Me and Sara were screaming the entire way through.... it was SOOOOOOO scary! But me and Sara were so proud of ourselves that we got through. And just another F.Y.I., if you pee in your pants, you get a free T-Shirt!

To celebrate our victory, we walked a few blocks to Co. , the newish pizza place opened by Jim Lahey of Sullivan Street Bakery. I've read reviews for the place, and it wasn't as great as people had expected it to be. But of course I wanted to try for myself :-)



We shared three pies:

Margherita-tomato, buffalo mozzarella, basil



Boscaiola-tomato, mushroom, buffalo mozzarella, pork sausage, onion, chili



Ham and Cheese-pecorino, gruyère, buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto, caraway



My verdict: The toppings are delicious and combined in a way that all the flavors work really well together in each pie. However, the crust. It was fluff. Not much crunch, except for the burnt boobie-bumps. There was no chew. It was really just puff. So... I said to Sara, "This is no All' Antica" :-) Which reminds me. I really need to get over there soon. I haven't been there in forever!

Ok and just one last picture from Blood Manor: WARNING! IT'S GROSS!


Blood Manor‎
542 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001
Phone: (212)-290-2825

Co.
230 Ninth Ave
New York, NY 10001
Phone: (212)-243-1105

3 comments:

eagle said...

This was so much fun! As picky as I am, I was somehow able to try a slice from each pizza. That has to say something about the food...right?

Miki said...

Excellent! im glad you had fun and Im glad that you found my blog. I shall check your blog now, sir eagle!

Sharon said...

Funny: my buddy and I just checked out Co., too. And I wanted to steal your "so bad" title - I thought it was brilliant!

I think I liked the crust and the pizza in general more than you did, but from your pictures, it's understandable - it looks they charred the hell out of your crust - and STILL managed to get no crisp! Weird. Mine was really, really good.