Background

Monday, July 26, 2010

Paletas!

I'd heard about Paleteria Fernandez in Port Chester for a few years now through Chowhound, but I always thought, OK I wouldn't drive all the way to Po-Cho for a popsicle. The other night, I was in Mamaroneck and I drove by a brightly lit, neon signed Paleteria Fernandex right on Mamaroneck Avenue!



I swear, it was a really nice summery night on Saturday, and there were tons of people walking down the ave. And about 78.9% had paletas from Paleteria Fernandez! I walked in and was overwhelmed by the selection of paletas!

They are all wrapped in a plastic "Paleteria Fernandez" wrapper. They also had regular scoopable ice cream. You also have the option of chocolate coating any of the paletas. They also have chocolate dipped bananas. Basically they have a lot of fun stuff!

They have everything fruity you could ever think of, both milk based and water based. They have American-y flavors like cookies and cream. They have interesting flavors like Pico de Gallo! I went with a good olf Strawberry Milk paletas. OMG. Japanese people love anything that is strawberry flavored and this just totally hit the spot! It was like a strawberry milkshake in a popsicle form. Super creamy and none of that icicle B.S.




Look at the chunks of strawberry! They actually weren't CHUNKS per se but like strawberry niblets.



It's a quite spacious place with about four big table and like three little tables.


Paleteria Fernandez
350 Mamaroneck Avenue
Mamaroneck, NY 10543

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great review, love your blog! They always use fresh ingredients so I've heard, and I wonder of that percentage you mentioned how many people were deep throating on those frozen banana's on this hot summer days? :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

I am impresssed with your love for food...actually its your love for life that is most impressive! Your smile and your attitude says it all :)

Miki said...

omg I love comments! i love liiiiiiife !