Background

Monday, July 21, 2008

Fiamma in New York City

So since, I feel the need to post SOMETHING, I'll write about a few restaurants that I've been to. After a streak of really dissappointing restaurants, I'm happy that the one's that I'm going to write about were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
This first post will be on Fiamma in SoHo in NYC which I visited on June 25, 2008...


Look at this Olive Bread.... the meal just started off with perfection and ended with perfection.
For appetizers, we got the fig and proscuitto salad with balsamic vinegar, chilled tomato soup, sweetbread with eggplant, and the duo of wagyu beef (pictures are in order). All of them were amazing!




For the pasta course, we got the sheeps milk ricotta ravioli with pepper and lemon zest, big tube macaroni with mushrooms, spaghetti with tomato and basil, and gnocchi with crabmeat. The only one i WOULDNT recommend is the gnocchi... it wasn't that great. But the spaghetti and macaroni were al dente and cooked perfectly. The flavors were incredible. My ravioli was an orgasm of the perfect combination of flavors!




For the main dish, we got the seared red snapper with fried artichokes, lamb, skate fish, and olive oil poached fish. My favorite was my red snapper. It was delicious and the shiso leaf tempura was the perfect addition to the crispy fish!





Now just a disclaimer about me: I am THE LOVER OF DESSERTS. I LIVE for desserts. So when it comes time for dessert, i rarely ever have the impulse control to not ravage it! So often, when i am at a restaurant, i "forget" to take a picture of the dessert and remember either halfway through or after the last bite.
In this case, it was right before the last bite hahahah...
For dessert we all shared the pineapple carpaccio with coconut sorbet and a financier and the buttermilk panna cotta with strawberry sorbet. Both were delicious and refreshing!


To end the meal, they brought us out these mango jelly balls filled with mango juice... it was amazing. You pop the whole ball in your mouth and the juice EXPLODES!!!

And the chocolates were dark and delicious!


Fiamma
206 Spring Street (Btwn Sullivan St. & 6th Ave.)
New York, NY 10012
Phone: 212-653-0100

No comments: