Background

Friday, January 9, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

And a haircut!!


I cut it all off!! Im feelin' really ballsy... I might cut it even shorter, maybe a pixie cut! Ok, relax. I love my new haircut!!

But even more important is that I finally baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies that I was happy with! I'm always having problems with either the taste or texture. But the one's I made yesterday were OhHhHhHhHhH SO GOOD!

I've used this recipe before that I found on Brown Eyed Baker's website. It's a recipe from Baking Illustrated called Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Sounds perfect, right? But, I didn't like it. It was like too cakey. I wanted them like doughy, moist, chewy... you know?

But everyone else who made them LOVED them, so I had to try again. Plus, my PMS was really kicking in and I needed some kinda chocolate treat.



First off, this time, I tried the shaping technique that they (try) to describe. It's kinda confusing to me but I did my best. It's to get that crinkly, rough top. Obviously, looking at that picture, some came out pretty and some didn't haha!

On the other tray, I just did regular balls :-)


The only thing I (thnk) I changed this time is that I used that Billington's Natural Dark Brown Molasses Sugar instead of the Domino's Dark Brown Sugar that I used last time. I still don't know if there is a difference between the two sugars (they smell totally different) but it really made a difference in the texture of the cookie. And the flavor!

It was so thick and chewy, just like the Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies that I made last week. After cooling, the edges became crunchy, but the inside was still moist. And the flavor was so deep... it went so well with the bitter-sweet chocolate!


On a random note, the flavor of the Dark Brown Molasses Sugar reminds me of "kuromitsu"... its a Japanese sauce that's used in desserts. I think it's just a Molasses sauce. So I know brown sugar is brown because of molasses. But is there like more molasses in this Billington's sugar?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your haircut baby! You always look so amazing, and this new hair length and style is not exception to that! You are so beautiful, and I'm in one lucky dude to be with you! I luh u! :-)