Background

Friday, January 23, 2009

Crunchy Brownie Bars

Sunday, I was supposed to go snowboarding but it didn't happen because I looked outside and thought it was snowing too heavily to drive.

Of course it stopped snowing by like 9 AM and wished I had gone :-( But I made the most of it with Ed, and we just did lazy things. Nintendo Wii, movie, baking!

I had a box of No Pudge Fudge Brownie mix. I have vowed to try and never make baked good using a mix, but these, I keep in my pantry! They are really good for a no-fat brownie! My only problem is that it's like really sticky. But it tastes really good!

My usual pizzazz that I add to these brownies are adding peanut butter chips and/or topping them with marshmallows, but I remembered these brownies that I saw on my google reader a while back and decided to make them instead!

They are called Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars and I found them here at Culinary Concoctions by Peabody. Lately, I've been adapting recipes to the ingredients that I already have because I'm too lazy to go back out to the grocery store to get them. So these were quite different.

First of all, I didn't have marshmallows (ha!), and I didn't have any milk chocolate chips. So I left out the marshmallows altogether, and I used butterscotch chips instead. I figured I like the peanut butter-butterscotch combo so why not? Also, the only crunchy cereal I had was a Japanese version of cocoa krispies, so I used that.

It came out so good! It was like a layer of crispy fudge on top of a layer of brownie!

Fudgey and dense brownie + crispy/creamy topping= Craziness in my mouth, and I love it! (My friend Ashlee had them and said they were "like crack"... so if you like crack, this is definitely for you!)


The Ed man gives it a hell yeahhhhh!

No comments: