Background

Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Favorite Sandwich

It's funny I never posted my Favorite Sandwich!
I rarely ever make a sandwich with 2 slices of bread and cold cuts. No regular condiments, no boring combinations. I get really creative with my sandwiches. And 95% of the time, they are grilled.

So if you haven't already tried, you must get the Pepperidge Farm Fruit and Grains Apple and Pomegranate Bread! The first generation of this bread was the Fruit and Yogurt Apple Bread. And now they have modified it to be Apple and Pomegranate. It's made with Whole Grains too!

It's too bad that not many supermarkets carry this bread. I sometimes literally drive to 3 supermarkets to find it!

So here is the equation: Delicious Bread + Goat Cheese Crumbles + Apple Slices + Frying Pan

I like to fry up the apples a little so that the hot apple melts the goat cheese. I then place neatly (more like OCD-ly) on top of the crumbled goat cheese that I sprinkle on one side of the bread.

Toast both sides in a frying pan.
Voila!

I love how the edges get kinda crusty, and the outside is crispy. The inside of the bread is soft and chewy. The sweetness from the apples (I always use Fuji apples because they are sweet, and even after heating them up, they retain a firm consistency), and the sweet-tangy-creaminess of the goat cheese is to die for! And finally, I l-o-v-e that occasional crunch that I get from the nuts in the bread.

Ready in under 5 minutes... it's the best dinner after 10 hours of school.... like today :-)

No comments: