Background

Monday, April 13, 2009

Playing Hard To Get

That's the game that Galloways plays. They are a local bakery in Scarsdale, and they are only open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and on major holidays. Every since I was a little girl, Galloways has been like the place to go to get a pie or some cookies. Oh, and their jelly donuts! Everyone knows Galloways. When I was little, my favorite was their Banana Cream Pie :-)

In these past few years, I have actually strayed from their pies. They are always tempting, but if I have a choice between a pie or cake, I go for cake. I have tried their cupcakes, cookies, muffins, and doughnuts (only on the weekends and get their early!).

One thing that people always tell me to get are their Meltaways. I have never had it. I asked the girl who works there where I should get the meltaway or the raisin rolls (because I had this totally random craving for a Cinnamon Raisin Roll). The only thing she said was, "The raisin rolls have a lot of raisins." And I thought, "GREAT! I love raisins". Ed got a Meltaway for his family for Easter, so I, on the other hand, got the Cinnamon Raisin Roll. My excuse not to get them is usually because there are too many and I don't want them to go to waste. Luckily, this time, they had a pack of 4 not-so-enormous Cinnamon Raisin Rolls! I think usually they come in a pack of 6. It was my time.



These were great. My only memories of a cinnamon raisin roll are those from Cinnabon! Cinnabon's rolls are enormous, super sweet, and insane! Galloways version was very pleasant. It really wasn't too sweet, there was just enough frosting on top, and it was moist! However, even me, the raisin lover, would have to say that there was a raisin over-load!


Look! 8 raisins just from that angle!

The next night, I had another piece... microwaved... 30 seconds. O-M-G...


Galloways Country Kitchen
69 Harney Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Phone: (914)-725-4074‎
Cinnamon Rolls on Foodista

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree... the raison cinnamon roll was incredible! The Melt-Away was AMAZING, too!!! I'm gonna make you try it because you will do it a better job at describing it than my simple "AMAZING, too". Haha!

Unknown said...

What a yummy looking treat...you'd probably have to stock up for the days they aren't open! Hope you don't mind but I'd love to direct Foodista readers to your blog. Just add your choice of widget and you're all set!