Background

Friday, September 30, 2011

Mom Gives Free Facials and Portuguese/Brazilian Food!

Congratulations to my mom! She graduated from the New York School of Esthetics in Tarrytown, NY this past Tuesday! I'm so proud of her! PLUS- I get free facials/waxing services!

My mom was really excited to start school, but she was also really excited that her school was located in such a food-fabulous town. She's tried everything by now!

When I went to visit her a few Wednesdays ago, she spoiled me at the spa (the students work at the Tarrytown Day Spa which is part of the school), and then took me out to a place that she had never been to either... Caravela! Her classmate recommended it to us as we were walking out, so we figured we'd give it a try...

The place was DEAD at around 12 PM on a Wednesday so I was a bit freaked out, but everything was OK!
They brought us bread and some kinda sausage with olives.


We got the Prix Fixe... I got a Mixed Green Salad to start. Mom got a Seafood Salad. The portions were almost WAY too big.


For entree's I got a Roasted Chicken and mom got the Steak. They were both really delish! They both came with Steamed Veggies and Rice and Beans which were insignificant...




The somewhat disappointing part was dessert and you know how much I love my dessert. We were going to get the fresh fruit as one of our choices but they were "out". Ok, so we got Flan and a Mixed Berry Tart. Flan=good. Mixed Berry Tart=sitting in the fridge for a while?




Caravela
53 North Broadway
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Phone: (914)-631-1863

No comments: