Background

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Back to School=Fewer Posts?

Is that the way it has to be? Nahhh...

Well I'm back in school, driving myself crazier than I should... but I do have a few posts lined up!

First of all, Superbowl Sunday! I designated myself the dessert lady, and since I didn't have much time, I cheated.


Trader Joe's Puff Pastry + Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips + Stop n Shop Coconut Flakes + Trader Joe's Sliced Almonds = Easy, yummy twist on Chocolate Croissants!

Then during the week, I went through my fridge/freezer to use up some stuff, and make some space!!

Turkey Meatballs with Ankake Sauce
The turkey meatballs are easy---> Ground turkey, panko bread crumbs soaked in milk, egg, salt and pepper, and whatever else seasoning.
The ankake sauce is soy sauce, mirin, water, dashi, and corn starch. I seriously never measure anything, so I can't tell you the amounts of each ingredient, but that's the funnest part of cooking... tasting it and making it taste how you want it to! Basically you just bring the water to a boil, add the soy sauce and mirin to your liking (at this point I added the shitake mushrooms and onions, and eventually the meatballs). Turn the heat off. Mix cornstarch with hot water. Slowly pour in the cornstarch into the ankake base, and mix and keep adding the cornstarch until the desired consistency is achieved. DONE!

Serve with hot, fresh rice!

No comments: