Background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Dinner

O-M-F-G... best Valentines Day ever. Seriously.

Valentine's Day has always been my favorite holiday. Even when I've been single (I know I'm so weird). I think I just love the idea of "love" and I love chocolate haha. But Valentine's Day is even more special now because it is Ed and I's anniversary! It was 2 years for us yesterday!

Me and Ed were trying way too hard to plan the perfect day. We had reservations at Le Provencal in Mamaroneck for back up because I was so indecisive about what I wanted to do. Anyways, after lunch, we declared that we would have a Go With The Flow Valentines Day and it was so amazing!

It started off with a cute little breakfast for Ed. I have heart shaped everything... cupcake pans, cake pan, pancake mold, blah blah blah...

Rice with 2 Heart Shaped Eggs

Then, we went to my mom's to give her some flowers. Then we went to Whole Foods to grab some ingredients for our home-made V-day Dinner. Yeah we cancelled the reservations :-)

We did V-day at Ed's because he has a fireplace... and I love making S'mores. Hahaha that's not the real reason but he cleaned up his place so nice and made it sooooo romantic :-)

Candles all over the room and red and white Rose Petals!

We got started cooking.
The menu:

Salad with Anchovies and Olives


Filet Mignon with Rub with Love Steak Rub


The Whole Plate with sides of Roasted Romano Cheese, Basil, Garlic, and Pepper Fries and Pan Fried Lemon-Pepper Okra and Shimeji Mushrooms

And just to make you like drool:

Medium Rare Perfection!

Our gift exchange came after dinner. Let's just say me and Ed are always on the same page. We were meant to be together <33

No comments: