Background

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Brilliant Leftovers!

I am literally eating this as I post this recipe! I was so excited to put together such an ingenious concoction.... with leftovers!

Karashi Mentaiko Fried Rice

-chopped garlic
-1/2 cup leftover brown rice
-diced zucchini
-sweet corn kernels
-2 tablespoons Karashi Mentaiko (no skin!)

** Karashi Mentaiko is "spicy cod fish roe". It's a very odd flavor if you haven't grown up eating it. I personally love it!

1. Sautee the garlic, zucchini, and corn.
2. Add the rice.
3. Add the karashi mentaiko, and stir fry until the karashi mentaiko turns to a salmony pink. DONE!



What I loved about this fried rice was the simplicity! The flavor was also killer! The karashi mentaiko gave it a salty bite to it, and to emphasize that special "cod fish roe" flavor, I did not add any salt or pepper!! The corn added a nice sweetness, and the zucchini added a little bit of a crunch!

Fried rice and roasted kabocha squash... I'm in heaven!

No comments: