Background

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No Junking Food!

I really don't like to throw out food. Especially now since I'm realizing that I kind of have to budget my grocery shopping. I've been making it a goal to only go grocery shopping once a week. For me this means, planning when to use my vegetables (don't eat too much in one day cuz I won't have any left for the rest of the week, but use it enough so that they don't go bad) and opening packages (tofu, egg whites, canned stuff, etc.) only when I know that I will finish it before it goes bad. It's really difficult because I want to eat something new every day.

But I'm doing ok. It's actually quite a challenge and I love challenges haha!

So, like I posted a few days ago, I am loving pasta because it's cheap, I only have to cook what I want to eat, and it's versatile!

Here's what I used for tonight's dinner.
-leftover Asparagus with Bacon from the Curry/Hamburg Extravaganza at my mom's
-pasta
-tomatoes
-roasted cauliflower
-anchovies
-green olives and pepperoncini that my mom served (and made me take home) at the partay
-Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute
-dried basil


So pretty :-)

No comments: