Background

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Butter+Milk

Sounds fattening but it's not!

Buttermilk Mission #1
I'd never used buttermilk in baking so I looked up tons of buttermilk recipes... mostly biscuits, pancakes and chicken. But I wanted cake, and I just happened to scroll through this Vanilla Buttermilk Pound Cake on my Google Reader. It's a recipe from Cooking Light, so it's healthy :-)

It makes 5 small loaves! It made great little gifts for my gloomy friends.... jk!

Look at how moist it is! It was delicious. It was actually quite light and delicate. And the flavor was not too sweet, but the perfect sweetness for an afternoon snack... which is exactly what it was for me.

Best Part= the chewy top and edges!

Buttermilk Mission #2
Of course I had a lot of buttermilk leftover so I needed another recipe! I gave in to the millions of pancake recipes and tried this one on Cooking Light also...

I made these to freeze for future breakfast so I can't comment on how they are. I had a little niblet of a piece and it tasted good! They were quite thick, and very fluffy!

I packed these for breakfast for Ed and he loved them :-)

No comments: