Background

Monday, August 10, 2009

I Know Who Grew My Fruits and Veggies!

So I really wanted to take part in the Westchester Farmers' Market Blog-a-Thon, that took place from August 3rd to the 7th, but I didn't find out about it until I had missed the Farmer's Market that I wanted to go to! Some of the other Westchester bloggers that participated were Ceramic Canvas (I think she coordinated it), Chick In The Kitchen, Cooking in Westchester, Culinary Comments by Cinnamon Girl, Small Bites, Somebody's Mom, and Sweet Paprika. I never knew some of these Westchester bloggers even existed so it was exciting to read what these local people were cooking/eating!

So instead of sulking, I shall show you some of the things that I made with local ingredients from Fishkill Farms (from that trip last Saturday).


What did I do with these delicious tomatoes?

I made a sandwich with guacamole of course! A few nights later, I also made a BLT... YUM!


And for breakfast? Fresh peach and blueberries with Greek yogurt and cinnamon... super sweet!


And for dessert, milk blended with frozen peaches and nectarines :-)
I froze a bunch of the ripe peaches and nectarines to makes these delicious beverages!

My focus was definitely to just highlight the natural deliciousness of these fruits and vegetables. I love heavily seasoned dishes but it would've been such a shame to undermine the already beautiful flavors of these fruits and vegetables!

No comments: