Background

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Macarons and Such from Didier Dumas Patisserie

I was in Nyack with my mom because I was visiting my brother at his new job working as an "everything guy" at the new art gallery/cafe/music venue/hang-out spot, Indigo Paradise, right on Main Street.

I love Nyack because it's just so damn cute. It's also right by the water, and they have the best shopping... ANTIQUES! They also have SO many restaurants (mostly from the word of mouth of Liz Johnson's Small Bites)...

Now pastries are my thing. I love bakeries, and any kind of place that serves sweet things. Ed tells me that every town or place he mentions, I know of a famous/well-known bakery. And it's true! I'm always prepared so that if I ever venture out into a new place or accidentally end up somewhere, I'll know of somewhere to excite my taste buds!

In the back of my mind, I always had Didier Dumas Patisserie stored in my head for the next trip I took into the little town of Nyack. So after a nice lunch at Reality Bites Cafe (crappy IPhone pictures... summary- fun concept, concept is more exciting than the actual food, good rice pudding!), I headed over to the French patisserie. I didn't know what I wanted and I felt rushed as the place was quite busy (with lots of French customers!). One of the items that I do not see enough of in Westchester and the surrounding areas is the Macaron. I love them. I usually only get to eat them at the end of a French meal as a part of the petits fours. Therefore, I decided to get 2 macarons and a cookie.

The Chocolate Macaron

The Hazelnut Macaron

The Hazelnut Cookie with Almonds Dipped in Chocolate


I think bitten macarons make the most delicious looking food photos! The cookie part was light and crisp, and just enough chew. The inside cream was delicious, especially the hazelnut one! The hazelnut cookie was also delicious. The almond topping was nice and chewy and caramelly, and it was a shortbread bottom. I think I'm too critical of chocolate now though. Ever since experience the quality chocolate that Lulu uses, everything else tastes off! So the chocolate dip for this cookie was quite unimpressive :-)


Reality Bites Cafe
100 Main Street
Nyack, N.Y. 10960
Phone: (845)-358-8800

Didier Dumas Patisserie
163 Main Street
Nyack, N.Y. 10960
Phone: (845)-353-2031

F.Y.I.- Indigo Paradise is having its Grand Opening festivities on August 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM. Live music, food, and drinks!

Indigo Paradise
168 Main Street
Nyack, N.Y. 10960
Phone: (845)-512-8869

No comments: