Background

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was awesome... thanks to my awesome costume!

CHOLA! I looked so scary!
The requirements of looking like a Chola:
1. Thin, highly arched eyebrows drawn on super black.
2. THICK, thick, thick, winged eyeliner on top (wing must reach the tips of the eyebrows).
3. Eyeliner on the bottom.
4. Tons of mascara
5. Dark lipliner with no lipstick.

I learned this from my new idol:

Just watch her, she's amazing. She's so inspiring! She's taught me how to make people take me seriously :-)

Anyways, besides my costume, the party was fun as well! We had some food, a great mix (made by yours truly), some Yankees action, some Billy Blanks performances, and JENGA!!!!

I was of course ghetto and did not purchase any food haha. I made some things out of stuff I already had on had. It was delicious, nonetheless!

Peanut Butter and Honey Tea Sandwiches

Turkey and Mayo Sandwiches

Fusilli with Olive Oil, Broccoli, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, and Lemon Pepper

We also had chips and dip (courtesy of Nia... all from Trader Joes!) but we wanted more food. So we ordered sushi rolls from Sakura:

California Rolls and Spicy Tuna Rolls

Shrimp Tempura Rolls

Eel Avocado Rolls

Now here were my guests. Costumes were required!

Joanna, Barbra, Lauren, Me

Joe, Steve, Frank

Nia

2 comments:

Joe said...

what a night. Chola,bikerchicks,cowboys,cowgirls and army men. and the most important, good food. sushi was banging and lets be serious the billy blanks performance was the best i have seen like EVER!

Miki said...

Hahahahah Thanks Joe! That was mucho funno! Is that cholanese? Keep them comments comin!