Background

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Favorite Hobby= Shopping at Trader Joe's

My favorite supermarket is Trader Joe's. Well, I love other supermarkets too but usually they are too expensive. Trader Joe has good stuff + it's surprisingly less expensive than other places!

I love just browsing through the aisles to see what new stuff they have. I have tried everything from Roasted Eggplant Spread to Frozen Shrimp to Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars. Usually, I'm happy (if not super happy) about the products that I purchase from Trader Joe's. Some other times, I think that a product has potential. Either way, I love trying their funky, out-of-the-ordinary stuff.

At my Halloween get together, Nia, who is the most fantastic Trader Joe's employee ever brought us a bunch of stuff (she knows how obsessed I am with Trader Joe's!).

Peach Salsa- Amazing! It really is smoky, and it's actually pretty spicy. You get the heat after being tricked by the sweet peaches!

I used the leftover salsa to put it on my Salmon. Deeeeeee-lish.

3 Pepper Salsa- Good, but nothing spectacular. I really enjoyed the roasted red peppery-ness.

And since I had even more salmon, I made the same dish but with this salsa instead. Peach was better with the salmon!

Peanuts, Berries, and Almonds- Their twist on PB&J... I was like SO excited to try these because I love PB&J. However, it was just one of those things that has so much potential and it just wasn't there yet. Work on it, TJ!

See the peanuts and almonds are kinda just coated in this dry berry jam type stuff. It's good, but it could be better :-P

Maple Cookies- Holy dumpsters! These were amazing! Maple cookies with this creamy maple filling. The creamy filling to cookie ratio was perfect! Since the cookies were thick and crunchy, the plentiful cream was peeerrrrrrrrrfeccction!

Now, I am grateful to have TWO TJ locations close by. The one in Hartsdale and the one in Eastchester, which is the one I go to every Friday! Why don't the Northern Westerchesterites get one?! Im just sayin'...

Trader Joe's
727 White Plains Rd.
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Phone: (914)-472-2988
Trading Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

Trader Joe's
215 N Central Ave
Hartsdale, NY 10530
Phone: (914)-833-9110
Trading Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

Trader Joe's (I never go to this one but it exists!)
1260 Boston Post Rd
Larchmont, NY 10538
Phone: (914)-833-9110
Trading Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

No comments: