Background

Sunday, October 19, 2008

All About Applesauce

Even after baking my delicious apple cake, I still had like a million apples left... So I made APPLESAUCE!

I like how there are still pieces of skin!

The recipe I used was from FoodBlogga... it appealed to me because of the simplicity of the ingredients. Actually, it was probably the same as many of the other recipes... but I liked her post!

Also, I substituted honey for the sugar just because I love honey, and instead of ground cinnamon, I cooked it with a cinnamon stick! It came out SO delicious! I hadn't eaten applesauce in like years, but I've been having it every morning with my oatmeal with some raisins and pecans!

Yeah... not an attractive picture but who cares when it tastes SOOOOOOO good!?

So now that I have too much applesauce, I needed to use the applesauce up... it's a never-ending, vicious cycle!!!

Applesauce on Foodista
I immediately thought of Pork Chops.

So for me and Ed's budget-friendly, Friday night dinner, I made delicious pork chops, with cheddar and applesauce!

Ed's Plate: Mashed Potatoes, 3 Pieces of Pork with Melted Cheddar Cheese, and of course Apple Sauce

My Plate: Roasted Eggplant, Zucchini, and Kabocha Squash, 1 Piece of Pork with Melted Cheddar and Roasted Onions

Why does cheddar, apples and onion taste so good together?

No comments: