Background

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another Babka and Shirataki Noodles

So... I guess I blogged a little prematurely about the Babkas at Lulu's because the next day, they had another variation...

Peanut Butter and Jelly

Did they seriously do this? Cuz it's so effin' delicious!!!

Now for the new ingredient... the Tofu Shirataki Noodles that Hungry-Girl.com has been raving about. You can buy them here!
I've been eating Shirataki noodles forever because it is a staple ingredient in Japanese cooking. However, this Tofu Shirataki in pasta form is very new... and very intriguing! Could this low-calorie noodle really be substituted for regular pasta?

I made a dish tonight using the Tofu Shirataki noodles and my new fresh farm vegetables!


I just sautéed up some onions, zucchini, tomatoes, and portabello mushrooms, seasoned it with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic. I then drained the noodles and added them to the vegetables. I topped the "pasta" dish with some gorgonzola cheese...

The verdict: It was REALLY, REALLY good! The noodles were obviously not as al dente as I like my fettucine to be, but it was a good, noodley consistency. Flavor? Very neutral, so you can really use it with anything!

No comments: