Background

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Picking is SO Official

So officially Fall that is! Today, me and Ed went apple picking for the first time this season at The Orchards of Concklin! It was my first time at this apple orchard and I was not disappointed. I had heard a lot about them because of their delicious apple cider doughnuts, so being the doughnut fan that I am, I wanted to check this place out.


As we arrived, we were excited because there was no one there! Probably because it was like 10:30, rainy, and cold! But we were troopers!

Unlike Alstede Farms, which is where I went to go peach picking back in August, the Orchards of Concklin was not a "family-fun" place... it was straight up apple picking, they really meant business. However, they did have a fun market of fresh local vegetables, fruits, bread, jams, candy, freshly baked pies, and of course, fresh apple cider doughnuts!

Today, the apples that were available for picking were Macoun and Red Delicious!


Babe is ready to attack!

I'm a beast when it comes to apple picking!

And after a wet, cold, 30 minutes of picking... I was done!

But not done done... I still had to go to the market for more veggies and DOUGHNUTS!

Sack of 6 Cinnamon-Sugar Apple Cider Doughnuts... They also had plain and powdered sugar ones!

Is that not perfection?

Wait sorry... that's perfection!

Orchards of Concklin
2 South Mountain Road
Pomona, NY 10970
Phone: 845-354-0369
Fax: 845-354-5786

No comments: