Kyuta is my older brother. He is 26 years old (tomorrow). But we celebrated today!
This is Kyuta wearing his new, loud, obnoxiously awesome hoodie that I got him for his B-Day!
His birthday dinner was prepared by the best chef ever: My Mom!
Today's menu was awesome... lot's of those comforting, only-mom-can-make-it-well, kinds of dishes!
1. Chu-toro and (Blanking on the name of the certain clam) Sashimi Salad
The salad was made with daikon radish, shiso, myoga, and mitsuba. My mom and I made this awesome wasabi dressing with olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt and pepper!
2. Sweet Kabocha Squash with Chestnuts
3. My favorite: Macaroni Gratin
A little bit burnt but it was still D-E-L-I-S-H!!!
4. Shabu-Shabu Pork Slices Rolled in Cabbage
5. Another one of my favorites: Oden
6. Chestnut and Red Bean Mochi Rice
And of course, a cake from Lulu's!
Yeah... my brother likes skulls! The cake was so cute!
This face is priceless... and look at those fists!!!
Rhapsody In Raspberry is what its called... I believe it was a lemon cake with lemon curd and raspberry sauce...And how was it?