Background

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birfday Kyuta!

Kyuta is my older brother. He is 26 years old (tomorrow). But we celebrated today!


This is Kyuta wearing his new, loud, obnoxiously awesome hoodie that I got him for his B-Day!

His birthday dinner was prepared by the best chef ever: My Mom!
Today's menu was awesome... lot's of those comforting, only-mom-can-make-it-well, kinds of dishes!

1. Chu-toro and (Blanking on the name of the certain clam) Sashimi Salad

The salad was made with daikon radish, shiso, myoga, and mitsuba. My mom and I made this awesome wasabi dressing with olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and salt and pepper!

2. Sweet Kabocha Squash with Chestnuts


3. My favorite: Macaroni Gratin

A little bit burnt but it was still D-E-L-I-S-H!!!

4. Shabu-Shabu Pork Slices Rolled in Cabbage


5. Another one of my favorites: Oden


6. Chestnut and Red Bean Mochi Rice


Yummmmmm....

And of course, a cake from Lulu's!

Yeah... my brother likes skulls! The cake was so cute!


This face is priceless... and look at those fists!!!

Rhapsody In Raspberry is what its called... I believe it was a lemon cake with lemon curd and raspberry sauce...And how was it?

Yummm...

Kabocha on Foodista

No comments: