Background

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy 4 Years To Me (Part 1)

Congratulations to me!!!! This weekend was one of the best time's I've had all year! My face hurts from smiling so much! It started with the Tarry Lodge on Friday night. And then last night... Budget Friendly Saturday's at Miki's!

A fun night of Nintendo Wii, Jenga (so old school!), and Carvel Ice Cream Cake! Of course the best part was that I my most awesome friends were with me :-)


Believe me, there was way more action when we were having the Wii Tennis Championships!

Reunited with a childhood friend... she lived in the same apartment as me just one floor above me! We grew up together and she moved away while I still live in the same ol' apartment!

The crew

The beautiful Carvel cake with *4* special candles :-)

My special Rose slice! *The best part of a Carvel cake is the chocolate crunchies!


That wasn't it though. Earlier, I stopped by my brother's girlfriends apartment because she had a little gift for me.
Magnolia's Cupcakes!

Devil's Food

Pumpkin

This was my first time having Magnolia's cupcakes! Shocking, I know, but I never felt like waiting on a long ass line for cupcakes that were getting mixed reviews. But since these were a gift, I didn't have to trek into the city, and I get to judge them just for the cupcakes!
I definitely LOVED the Pumpkin cupcakes... the cream cheese frosting was a little sweet for my taste but the cake itself was moist and tender. The Devil's Food cupcakes were also good. I liked the flavor more than the actual texture of the cake. There was a coffee-ish flavor in the cake but the cake itself was kinda bouncy and firm. Overall, they were good cupcakes! Thanks Amanda!

Magnolia Bakery
1240 Ave of the Americas (@ 49th St)
New York, NY 10020
Phone: 212-767-1123

No comments: