Background

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Muffin Madness, Cont'd

The Ann Clairs' Muffin Marathon is still on! I love how I change the name every time!

Tonight was Carrot Raisin Muffin...

To be honest, I wasn't too excited about this muffin because carrot raisin muffin just isn't my fav muff flavor. But I got myself pumped up by telling myself that the muffin top was yet again glossy, massive, and beautiful, and it could maybe be like carrot cake!


First bite: I was grateful that it did not taste like carrot cake as carrot cake is (a lot of times) extremely sweet. Carrot cake is good. I really like carrot cake. But when eating a muffin, I really like to feel as if I'm eating a muffin. And in my mind, muffins shouldn't be as sweet as desserty cakes, but it should definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. It should not feel healthy. It's a luxurious, decadent dessert for breakfast :-) or in my case, the last thing I eat before going to bed...

So the flavor was really good. Not too sweet, but it was definitely carroty enough and had the expected cinnamon flavors of carrot cake. The muffin was moissssssttttt and had a nice balancing tenderness.... who knew someone could describe a muffin this much in depth hahahaha....


Oh and just to be extra weird, I ate this muffin with Cream Cheese. Ewwwww! But so good! So I was craving a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with Cream Cheese all day, and I figured Carrot Cake usually has a Cream Cheese frosting so..... why not just combine my desires? And since the muffin wasn't that sweet, the plain cream cheese (as opposed to a cream cheese frosting) was perfect :-)

More weird food habits to be revealed....



Oh! And I also got 2 cookies.... they claim they are homemade, and they always have them like displayed right in front of my face. So today, I got the chocolate chip and double chocolate cookies.

They just didn't seem homemade to me. It was perfectly round. It had that generic chocolate chip cookie flavor. And it even had that typical packaged cookie soft-chewiness! It really wasn't bad, but it wasn't like O-M-G!

Ann Clairs
1130 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York 10461
Phone: (718)-409-1171

No comments: