Background

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stud Muffin

Besides the fact that I am infatuated with my new stud muffin, Tiny, I have developed a new obsession for muffins! I've always loved muffins, but I am on a mission now to find the best muffins!

I was at school today for a whole 12 hours, so I broke up my day (as usual) by taking a nice walk to CVS and then to Ann Clairs, the local deli here in Morris Park. Or Salumeria... whatevs...

So every time I go in there to get coffee, I notice their display of homemade-looking muffins and cookies. They look really good. But I had never gotten one. This morning, I went to Charlie's Truck, the food truck guy that is there EVERYDAY until 2 PM, and asked what kinda muffins he had.... Blueberry, Chocolate, Bran, but NO BANANA!!! This is the second time this week that I was denied a Banana Nut Muffin! So, fast forward a few hours, at Ann Clairs I asked the girl what kinda muffins they had...

"Apple Crumb, Carrot Raisin, Chocolate Chip, Bran, and Banana Walnut"
I said, "Can you go over that again?"
"Uhhh... yeah... Apple Crumb, Carrot Raisin, Chocolate Chip, Bran, and Banana Walnut"
I said, "Holy crap, ok are they homemade? Because they look really homemade."
Another woman working there says, "Yep!"
I ask, "Are they good?" (I know I'm so silly... I always ask people who work there if things are good!)
The woman says, "YES!"
So I said, "Ok! Can I please have the Banana Walnut?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
I was so freakin excited.... I brought it back to my car to eat later for dessert, but before leaving the muff in the car, I took a whif... I had a feeling it was gonna be a good night.



So I just ate it. And I am going to say that this is a damn good Banana Walnut Muffin!!!!!



It's light, yet moist, but not dense... It's more banana moist... the muffin top was incred! Glazey but still had a little bit of crunch in some areas! And the huge-mongous walnuts were exciting! The muffin itself was the flavor of ripe bananas-it was sweet but not sugary sweet, and thank god for NO ARTIFICIAL BANANA FLAVOR! Artificial banana flavored things should die.


Oh and another plus of this muffin was the size/shape. It was more on the flat side with large Muffin Top surface area!!!!

So I am now officially on a mission to try all of Ann Clairs' muffins. I think the next one is going to have to be the Apple Crumb. Yum.


Ann Clairs
1130 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York 10461
Phone: (718)-409-1171

No comments: