Background

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Muffin Madness

I've gone muffin crazy! I got muffin #2 at Ann Clairs today... APPLE CRUMB MUFFIN!

Ok I think this is the most visually appealing muffin to me because of the overflow of crumb muffin top! The crumb top was pretty good, it had some chunks of walnuts! And there were some crunchy parts mushed into muffin top madness!

(LOOK AT THE CRUMB TOP! IT'S FALLING OFFFFF!!!)

The actual muffin was really very good too! The texture of the cake part reminded me of a steamed cake that is very popular and common in Japanese baking. It's soft, light, and bouncy... not gummy, but like fluffy with some bounce. It was not too sweet, although it was much closer to yellow cake than the banana one obviously, but it was a great flavor for a muffin! My biggest issue is that I wish the apple chunks were bigger... it's kinda like, as you eat the muffin, you get a little sample of the apple chunk and expect a bigger chunk in the next bite. But it never comes. Anti-climactic! Only in the apple chunk department :-)


Will go back soon for Muffin #3! I think it will be Carrot Raisin...

Ann Clairs
1130 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York 10461
Phone: (718)-409-1171

No comments: