Background

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America @ X20

Yaaaaayyyy.... American Pride Day! I didn't see as many American Flag apparel as I was fearing I would see :-) J.K... I love it when my man wears his American Flag bandana like a true American!

Tonight (yes I rushed home to blog about it), Ed, my mom, my brother, his girlfriend, and I spend the night at X20 in the Y.O. OMG... please take my advice and NEVER miss a fun event that Peter Kelly is hosting! Remember the Christmas Dinner and Holiday Cabaret?

So this one was very different. The seats weren't assigned by groups... you just had to find a table and claim it with your life. It was so packed! The appetizers were passed by their waiters. However, there was no sit-down dinner. Instead, there were food stations (buffet style) for the "Salad and Pasta" and the "Meat". There was also the bar and the Sushi Bar.

Let me just start off by saying that I literally tried every item that was being passed around/served. Including the 9382409284203 desserts! Unless of course they ran out. I really tried my best to "pace" myself but there was no point because I had to try everything and there was just so much food! I was in heaven... literally.

Here it goessssssss!

Fresh Mozzarella with Basil Leaf & Roasted Red Pepper


Lobster Canapé


Fresh Mozzarella with Beefsteak Tomatoes & Basil, Classic Caesar Salad with Garlic Croutons & Parmigiano, Tortellini with Pecans & Prosciutto, Farfalle with Sundried Tomatoes & Chestnuts


Mini Brioche Sliders


Jumbo Coconut Shrimp


Braised Short Ribs “Wellington”


Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricot Vert Vinaigrette with Walnuts


Filet Mignon with Sauce Choron, Breast of Capon with Watercress Dressing, Berkshire Pork Loin with Spicy Yuzu Compote, Roast Rack of Baby Lamb


Kobe Beef Hot Dog "Sausage and Peppers"


Asparagus, Prosciutto & Phyllo


Chocolate "Thing" filled with Caramel (Kinda like a brownie base with a chocolate ganache dome topping...)


Panna Cotta


Happy Birthday America Cake


Raspberry Sorbet, White Peach Sorbet


Chocolate Sorbet... OK I don't think this was sorbet. It was not cold, and it was like mousse! DELISH!


Coconut Panna Cotta


Toasted Almond Truffle


Carrot Cake


Lemon Tart

Are we done yet? Haha, ok so I did miss out on the Pistachio Ice Cream and another flavor ice cream. Plus, I didn't have the Vegetable Dumplings and Shrimp Tempura because I didn't wanna waste stomach space on just plain old Japanese food! My favorites of the night were the Sliders, the pork, Lobster Canapé... I also had the Phyllo Turnover with Smoked Chicken & Goat Cheese but I don't have a picture of it. Maybe I was too excited and forgot to take one before I ate it. It was that good. OH and of course the Beef Wellingtons!

After the sorbet, I thought the night of food was coming close to an end. But it really didn't. They kept bringing me food and I accepted graciously!

And the view? Perfect. I just realized tonight that I had never been to X20 while it was still light out and it was absolutely STUNNING! Here are some pics:


The Band


The Family


The Extended Family


Me and Honey Bunny


I kinda love America a little bit more now :-)

X20
71 Water Grant Street
Yonkers, NY 10701
Phone: 914-965-1111

No comments: