Background

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pleasantville Farmer's Market And A Picnic

I love farmer's markets. I don't go to them enough. But I think they are great! Saturday, I went to my first farmer's market of the season in Pleasantville. It closes at 1 PM so when I got there at 12:30-ish, some vendors were already leaving! But here are the things I got:

Bread Alone Bakery's Semolina Sesame Bread



Tierra Farm's Nuts (Roasted Curry Cashews, Dry Roasted Sea Salt and Onion Cashew, and Maple Glazed Mixed Nuts)


Bobolink Dairy's Jean-Louis Cheese


Pickle Licious' Hot and Spicy Pickles



So, after shopping here and being inspired by the beautiful fresh foods, me and Ed decided on an impromptu picnic (and tanning!) in a little grassy area in Tuckahoe :-)


Look at this.... crusty on the outside, so very soft on the inside.


My prepared plate of veggies, bread, nuts...


Bread + Cheese = The Best


Dessert was strawberries (3 1-pound boxes for $5.00 at A&P!) and cherries from Nancy! I actually did not get to eat these because I was so full from the other goodies!


I will make it a priority to make it to more farmer's markets! The bread was amazing, and even better with the Jean Louis cheese smeared on it! The nuts were seriously addictive! They were so unique! I really recommend the Sea Salt and Onion... they taste just like sour cream and onion chips, and even Ed liked them (he usually HATES onions with a passion)! The pickles, which I forgot to bring to the picnic were awesome... super spicy! I would really like to get to some other Westchester Farmer's Markets.

Pleasantville Farmers' Market

Sponsor: Community Markets / Village of Pleasantville
Location: Parking lot at the intersection of Manville Rd. and Wheeler Avenue
Times of Operation: Saturdays, 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Season: Late May through Mid December

Contact: Miriam Haas
Phone: (914) 923-4837
E-mail: mhaas@communitymarkets.biz
Website: www.communitymarkets.biz


Here are the other Westchester Farmer's Markets:
http://www.nyfarmersmarket.com/regionmetrowestchester.htm

2 comments:

Reginald @ Ceramic Canvas said...

Great post. And the berries photo is especially good.

A group of Westchester food bloggers are launching a farmers market 'blog-a-thon' week that I think may be fun for you to join.

Miki said...

That sounds great! How do I "join"?