Background

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Party at X20

I had to write about tonight ASAP! It was so much fun!

So X20 had this Christmas Dinner and Holiday Cabaret from December 12th, until tonight, December 21st... It was quite an event! I hadn't been to X20 since the one time I was there in November of 2007 so I didn't know what to expect... I was quickly reminded of how awesome Chef Peter Kelly is!

It started at 7 PM with hors d'ouevres... OMG it was so tempting, because I was trying to save myself for the 4 course dinner! There was Coconut Shrimp, Baby Lamb Chops, Sushi, Braised Short Rib Wellington, and so on...
I took a bite of the lamb:

And shared this tiny little Beef Wellington:


After tasting these two items, I knew dinner was going to be exceptional!

We finally sat down for dinner at like 8:15? The menu was pretty much set, except you could choose between Duckling, Black Cod, or Beef for your entrée.


Appetizer: Warm Medley of Shellfish served in a Chive Crepe
This was soooo good. The crepe had some crispy parts, and the middle was soft. The inside was stuffed with crabmeat, scallops, lobster, and shrimp! The Lobster Sauce was kinda like a lobster bisque and it was delicious!

I did the OMFG grunt for this one, definitely :-)

Entrées:

The Roasted Hudson Valley Duckling (I tried a bite... very good!)


Roasted Chateaubriand of Beef... I have been blessed with great steaks lately!


Honey & Sake Glazed Alaskan Black Cod- This tasted like a very traditional marinade for Japanese fish, and it was just so comforting. This was my entrée and I'm happy I went with this, because last time I was at X20, I had the Swordfish which I was also blown away by! The side of orzo, broccoli rabe, and mushrooms was creamy and rich... Perfect :-)

Then... the stars of the night came out:

Ned Kelly, Paul Kelly, and Mary Lou Shriber- They sang all these Christmas classics, and they also did their own funny versions of songs! It so much fun, everyone was laughing hysterically when they (the guys) dressed like old women!

And then finally dessert!

Warm Chocolate Yule Log- Melting Valrohna Ganache wrapped in a phylo dough with Creme Anglaise

Look at that Chocolate floodage!
I only tasted this, but it was INCREDIBLY rich... it was just pure, warm chocolate!

And of course Petits Fours:


I am so making reservations next year... it was REALLY a lot of fun! Not to mention a certain star who was in Groundhog Day (wink, wink ;-)) was totally sitting 2 tables away from us!

Last but not least, shout-out to Ed's family for inviting me!




X20
71 Water Grant Street
Yonkers, NY 10701
Phone: 914-965-1111

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting your wonderful pics!! We attending this great event last week and reading and looking at your images took me right back there.

Can't wait to go again next year!!

Btw, during the cocktail hour, my husband mentioned how much he liked the scallop-spinach tarts. The waiter brought us over a whole bag of them to take home with us! Shhhh, don't tell. ;-) The service is just so amazing on so many levels.