Background

Friday, December 12, 2008

I Made Them Extra Schloppy! Slow Cooker Round 2!

SLOPPY JOESSSSSS! Gotta love 'em! It reminds me of when I was 5.

Tonight's version was healthy and Weight Watchers friendly! This is Ellie Krieger's recipe so it was healthy to begin with, but to make it extra healthy (and SCHLOPPY!) I got some Weight Watchers sandwich rolls.



Here were some substitutions that I made:
1. Ed doesn't do onions, so I chopped up some zucchini.
2. Instead of Worcestershire sauce, I used a Japanese style "tonkatsu sauce".
3. Ed doesn't do garlic either (he's getting better though), so I only used like 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic.
4. Instead of ground beef, I only had ground chicken so I used that.
5. Made it in a slow cooker! MADE IT SO EASY!!



They were great! A little dry in my opinion (not very SCHLOPPY!) but the flavor was great! The beans gave it such a nice texture!


My serving, with of course a side of roasted pumpkin (unfortunately, I'm still eating the Buttercup Squash and not the Kabocha :-P)

This was Ed's "Night-Before-His-Official-Birthday" dinner! It's his birthday tomorrow (he's turning 24!) and I am planning a nice, big, delicious brunch for him and his family... it's their first time coming to my apartment so I got butterflies in my tummy!

But expect a big post of delicious food tomorrow!

No comments: