Background

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

There's Something About Blueberry Muffins...

Why is it such a loved muffin flavor? Was it the original muffin flavor? I still claim the Banana muffin to be my most favorite flavor but I would never turn down Blueberry :-)

Im almost done with my Ann Clairs Muffin Marathon... So far I've done Banana Walnut, Apple Crumb, Carrot Raisin, and tonight, as I type, I am eating the Blueberry.... Let me just say right now that this is the most GLORIOUS muffin top! I think I would rate this Blueberry muffin #1 out of all the Ann Clairs muffins...

First of all... the muffin top... It has like crispy edges!

The blueberries are plentiful, although I would have preferred bigger, juicier blueberries :-)

The muffin itself was delish as well... for some reason, it kind of reminded me of a corn muffin, which is def not a bad thing in Miki's world.


Texture wise, this one was probably the least bouncy and airy, and more on the moist side like the Banana Walnut...


I would like to bring this muffin to Star Diner and have the boys toast it on the griddle with some butta..... that would be insane... actually my muffin obsession began here a few weeks ago, when I didn't know what I wanted, and just ordered a toasted blueberry muffin with butter.... The toasting and the melty butter did wonders for what was a pretty bad blueberry muffin! So imagine that action on this Ann Clairs blueberry muff........

Ann Clairs
1130 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York 10461
Phone: (718)-409-1171

Star Diner
66 East Post Road
White Plains, NY 10601-4621
Phone: (914) 684-8702‎

No comments: