Background

Sunday, August 17, 2008

My First German Chocolate Cake!

I made my first ever German Chocolate Cake for my lovely friend Danielle (a.k.a. Double DD). She says she's really not a dessert person but she really likes German Chocolate Cake... so of course for her 2 year anniversary, I kept that fact in mind and decided to make, with my co-baker Lucy, to make her the most delicious German Chocolate Cake!
I went on a search for some recipes and found the best-sounding one here...German Chocolate Cake with Coconut-Pecan Filling by Cook's Illustrated

Anyways, me and Lucy did not change ANYTHING in the recipe... we got started on the cake part first.
Me and Lucy were so proud of our cakes!

And of course, I wanted to eat it immediately...

Of course, I don't know how to "evenly fill the 2 cake pans" so they came out a little bumpy and uneven.

Beautiful nonetheless...

The next day, we made the filling... OMG look at this gooeyness (NOTE: This is a pre-toasted pecan pic)

And then with the pecans... How can you resist, right Lucy??


And then... ASSEMBLY TIME!!!

GORGEOUS!... this is probably the most aesthetically-pleasing looking cake I've ever made!

And Final Product??

Ta-Da!!!


The special girl blowing out her candles! Her smile is so contagious!


Oh yeah baby...

And the cut

No comments: