Background

Sunday, August 10, 2008

What About Those Peaches?

So what did I do with those peaches that I picked last weekend?!
After giving out a bunch to my mom and my friends, I had to come up with some ideas to use up the remaining peaches!


My first project were the Peach Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting. I found the recipe here.

I didn't change anything in the recipe and they came out delightfully moist due to the peaches!


The frosting, although delicious, had a strange consistency... kinda grainy. I know I did something wrong because I made this frosting for another cake that I made and it was much smoother.
But in the grand scheme of things, the frosting really didn't bother me because the combination of the fruity cake with the tangy frosting was PERFECT!

I knew for my second peach project, i wanted to make either a jam or a preserve. After looking through some recipes, I just decided to make one that combined all my favorite flavors...
Peach-Cinnamon-Honey... the recipe can be found HERE!

The murder scene...

All the ingredients boiling..

Preserving the preserves... my first attempt EVER! One of the jars didn't work, but it's alright because I brought it to Boston where me and Danielle had it for breakfast with oatmeal.... YUM!

No comments: